Have you ever needed to get out of a scene you didn’t actually want to be in? Started playing around with someone and you didn’t really want to? Collected here for your reference are a few options that have been used before – sometimes legitimately, promise! – to get out of scenes.
- “God dammit, I have to go get my roommate, he got a flat tire…” – Legitimate: my roommate had a shit car that had tires go out one by one in a circle around the car as he would replace one at a time.
- “Oh, shit, neighbors lit their house on fire with Christmas lights!” – Semi-legitimate: my neighbors are pretty terrible people, and they did melt a strand of lights one year.
- “Ah, I have to go watch 24 now.” – Legitimate: I had this one used on me. Fair enough, I suppose…
- “Damn, brother interrupted me, sorry!” – Not legitimate: I’m an only child.
- “Sorry, feeling kinda sick…” – Both: really depends on the situation. I’ve gotten into a scene I really shouldn’t have while sick before more than once.
- “I’m super tired/have to get up early/have work/have school and need to get going, sorry.” Legitimate: it’s a valid reason.
- “I came too soon…” – Legitimate: understandable. However, I’ve never seen this one in the wild.