There’s all sorts of things that would have to be different about the world around us, were it a truly furry world. These can be as simple as structuring chairs differently, or as complicated as equal rights for all species in a multi-species setting. Lets collect a bunch of them here, just for funsies! I’ve divided the list up into species-specific and non species-specific issues, with sub-categories in the species-specific category. Inspired by this.
- Snakes, Nagas, and the like
- Stairs could pose quite an issue
- Doorways could prove to be awkward, and building every building to accommodate might be impractical
- As with Giraffes, buildings would need to be specially designed
- Steps would get awkward
- Possible entrances on multiple levels, and perches within a building
- Air-traffic regulations are bad enough, but add in avians flying about…
- How do shirts work?
- Motorcycles and convertibles could cause some…facial discomfort.
- Speaking of, motorcycles, bicycles and the like – would have to come up with a way to keep fur or entire tails from getting trapped in the chain!
- Eating gummi worms
- “Being a professional chef, my career would be over. Hair, on ALL OF THE THINGS! I’d have to shave my hands and arms to work.”
- “More food for thought (literally): eating. Most furries are canine; ripping/tearing eating, rather than mashing as human.”
- “Another big problem: I’d be expected to be dressed, probably to human standards, so I’d be too warm.”
- Bathing would be a pain – so anything that involves getting dirty
- Cups could be a real pain (see comment)
- Differences in senses could cause awkwardness or even strife (see comment)
- The tricky question of carnivores versus herbivores. (see comment)
- Workplace discrimination based on species attributes. (see comment)
- Cleaning the drain. Monthly.